When you’re looking for some lovin’, fire up the oven and let this saucy one set the mood just right.
Making your own pizza or robertas pizza dough is something we are hugely passionate about. Now, let’s take it a little further:
Sweet. Salty. Tangy. Spicy. All the ingredients for a perfect mate (or your pizza). Add some flowers to the mix and you’ve got a recipe for a night of some sweet, sweet lovin’.
- a few tbsp canned crushed tomatoes
- crushed garlic
- mozzarella (cubed or grated)
- figs (dried or fresh)
- kalamata olives (halved or quartered)
- yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- crushed red pepper
- black pepper
- fresh rocket
- edible flower mix (clover, jasmine, angelica, pansy, rose, climbing rose)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F/200 C.
- While oven is heating, chop all veggies.
- Pre-toast tortilla in the oven so it’s crispayy.
- Add a couple dollops of tomato sauce, a dollop of pesto and a dollop of crushed garlic to the tortilla. Mix and spread around so it gets all the way to the edges.
Tip: You want to cover the full tortilla, but don’t pile on too much sauce or it’ll be soggy – yuck!
- Add the cheese.
- Scatter the rest of the toppings, saving the fresh rocket and edible flowers for after cooking.
Tip: The prosciutto is super salty already so I wouldn’t add any salt.
- Bake at 400 F/200 C for 8-10 min.
- Cut into 6 pieces, turn up the smooth jazz, and let the mood settle in.
- Edible flower mix or any edible flower mix will do
- Get 3 tips that make for a crispy, crunchy thin crust pizza. These 3 tips are absolutely critical to getting a mouthwateringly delicious alternative thin crust pizza you can easily whip up right at home (even if you don’t plan ahead).
- For an alternate solution, you can make a stuffed crust pizza.