Looking for the best keto meals to boost your weight loss journey? You’re not alone.
The keto diet, a low carb diet that’s high in fats, has been making waves in the health and wellness world due to its potential benefits like reducing appetite and boosting weight loss.
However, it can be challenging to find delicious recipes that fit within this restrictive diet’s guidelines. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered!
For those looking to follow a restrictive keto diet, this blog post has you covered with some of our favorite recipes – from healthy comfort foods to quick and easy weeknight meals – that will keep your total carbs minus fiber at a minimum.
All these dishes are designed with total carbs minus fiber kept at minimum, ensuring you achieve ketosis without compromising on taste.
If you’re ready to take control of your hunger while enjoying tasty food, read on as we dive into some of the best keto meals out there!
Keto and Low Carb Recipes
Ready to explore the world of low carb and keto cooking? We’re talking about keto and low carb recipes that are not only delicious but also easy and quick to make. Let’s dive in.
First up, we have the creamy pesto chicken skillet recipe – it’s loaded with flavors and topped with melty cheese. This dish is so good; you might forget it’s actually healthy. Follow this easy-to-follow instruction manual to create a delicious dish.
Get the chicken skillet recipe HERE
Moving on, let’s talk about making mouthwatering chicken souvlaki at home.
Chicken souvlaki is a popular Greek dish that features small pieces of marinated and grilled chicken, typically served on skewers or wrapped in pita bread with various toppings and sauces.
It’s a beloved street food and restaurant item in Greece and other parts of the world.
It’s simple yet flavorful, perfect for those who love Greek cuisine. Take a look at the Chicken Souvlaki recipe Here.
If you’re a fan of wings, then these garlic parmesan wings will blow your mind. They’re crispy, garlicky, and cheesy – everything you want in a wing without all the carbs.
Making Garlic Parmesan wings is a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe. These wings are typically baked or fried and then coated in a flavorful garlic Parmesan sauce.
Making Flavorful Kalua Pork at Home
If pork is more your style, try our Kalua pork recipe. It brings Hawaiian flavor right into your kitchen while keeping things keto-friendly.
Spoiler alert: You’ll be doing the hula after tasting this. See the instructions for this flavorful dish below.
- 4-5 pounds pork shoulder (also known as pork butt), bone-in or boneless
- 3 tablespoons sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Rinse the pork shoulder and dry it with paper towels to prepare the meat. To assist the seasonings permeate the skin of bone-in pork, score it with a sharp knife in a crisscross pattern.
- Make the seasoning blend: Sea salt, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, brown sugar, and black pepper should all be combined in a small bowl. For a paste, thoroughly combine.
- apply the pork: Liberally apply the seasoning mixture onto the pork shoulder, making sure to coat it completely. If you have the time, you can let the seasoned pork marinate in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight.
- Put the seasoned pork in a slow cooker or a big roasting pan and cook it slowly. Fill the roasting pan or slow cooker with 1/2 cup of water. Wrap the pork in aluminum foil or a lid firmly.
- If using a slow cooker, simmer the pork for 8 to 10 hours on low heat, or until it is soft and readily shredded with a fork. If you’re cooking the pork in a roasting pan, preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C) and cook it for around 6 to 8 hours, basting it regularly with pan juices.
- Once the pork is cooked and soft, take it out of the slow cooker or roasting pan and shred it. If you used a bone-in cut, remove any extra fat or bone before shredding the meat with two forks.
Cauliflower Mac & Cheese – A Guilt-Free Delight.
Cauliflower Mac & Cheese – This versatile veggie can be transformed into just about anything – including mac & cheese. Yes, you read that right.
Here is how to make this Cauliflower Mac & Cheese recipe:
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) elbow macaroni or any pasta of your choice
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional, for topping)
- Set your oven’s temperature to 375°F (190°C). A 9×13-inch baking dish should be greased and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a big saucepan, then add the pasta and cook it per the package directions until it is al dente. The cooked pasta should be drained and kept aside.
- Cauliflower florets should be steamed or boiled until they are soft but not mushy. Remove any extra water, then set it aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a different medium pot. To create a roux, add the flour and whisk continuously for around 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the milk in gradually and keep stirring to prevent lumps. It should take around 3 to 4 minutes to thicken and smooth out the mixture.
- Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese are added to the sauce after lowering the heat. Until the sauce is smooth and the cheese is completely melted, stir.
- The cheese sauce should be spiced up with paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Adapt the seasoning to your preferences.
- In a sizable mixing basin, combine the cooked pasta and the steamed cauliflower. Over the pasta and cauliflower combination, drizzle the cheese sauce. Stir thoroughly until everything is coated equally.
- Spread out the mixture equally in the baking dish that has been prepared for it.
- For an additional cheesy crust, if preferred, top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the cheese is bubbling and melted and the top is golden brown.
- Before serving, take it out of the oven and allow it cool somewhat.
In no time at all, you can have a comforting meal that won’t put your keto diet in jeopardy.
Making Healthy Low Carb Taco Salad
Taco Tuesday is saved with this healthy, low carb taco salad recipe. Who said salads had to be boring?
This zesty salad features a selection of flavorsome ingredients, such as flavorful ground beef or chicken (your pick.), crunchy lettuce, succulent tomatoes, and creamy avocado slices – you get the idea.
The best part? It’s so easy, even kitchen novices will feel like Gordon Ramsay whipping up this bad boy.
Here are a few tips for success:
- If dairy isn’t an issue for you on Keto – go wild with some shredded cheese on top.
- For extra crunch without added carbs: sprinkle over some crushed pork rinds instead of tortilla chips.
- No need to buy store-bought dressing when olive oil mixed with lime juice makes for an amazing (and healthier) alternative.
Let’s take a look at the recipe:
- 1 lb (450g) ground turkey or lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded lettuce (romaine, iceberg, or mixed greens)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Olive oil should be heated in a sizable skillet over medium heat. Cook the ground beef or turkey until fully cooked and browned. Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, and chili powder after stirring. Heat has been removed; set aside.
- Mix the sour cream (or Greek yogurt), lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper to make the dressing in a small bowl. To your liking, adjust the seasonings. Separate the dressing.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the shredded lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, diced bell peppers, red onion, black olives, and chopped cilantro.
- Toss everything together to thoroughly combine before adding the cooked ground beef or turkey to the salad dish.
- To ensure a uniform coating, drizzle the dressing over the salad once more and toss.
- Diced avocado and shredded cheddar cheese go on top of the salad.
- Lime wedges should be added as a garnish when serving the low-carb taco salad in small bowls or plates.
Remember, folks: eating healthily doesn’t mean giving up taste or satisfaction. With these recipes under your belt (which may soon need tightening.), who needs high-carb meals anyway?
Fast And Easy Keto Dishes Examples
Time is of the essence if you’re living a ketogenic lifestyle. You want meals that are quick to whip up but still pack a punch in terms of flavor and nutrition.
We’ve got your back with some fast and easy keto-friendly dishes.
Simple Steps To Create Delicious Keto Stir Fries
Keto stir fries are like a love letter to your taste buds – delicious, satisfying, and oh-so-easy to make.
Let’s take a look at the process:
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (check for low-carb options)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or avocado oil should be heated over medium-high heat in a wok or sizable pan.
- Sliced chicken should be added to the hot oil and cooked thoroughly until browned. To taste, add salt and pepper to the food. Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and place it aside.
- If more oil is required, add another tablespoon to the same pan. Ginger and garlic are added, and they are cooked for about a minute until aromatic.
- Bell pepper slices, broccoli florets, and snow peas should all be added to the pan. The vegetables should be somewhat soft but still crisp after a few minutes of stir-frying.
- Combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. The vegetables should be covered equally with the sauce after being poured over them.
- Bring the cooked chicken back to the pan and combine it with the sauce and vegetables. To add some extra heat, add the red pepper flakes.
- Allow the flavors to merge by stirring-frying everything together for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
Gather your favorite veggies, like bell peppers, broccoli or zucchini; add some protein such as chicken breast or tofu; and finish with a sesame oil drizzle for an Asian flair.
Enjoy your homemade keto stir-fry as a satisfying and healthy low-carb meal! Feel free to get creative with the protein and vegetable choices to suit your taste preferences
Easy-To-Follow Pancake Recipes For The Ketogenic Diet
Pancakes on a diet? Yes, please. These aren’t just any pancakes though; these are keto pancakes.
Made from almond flour or coconut flour instead of wheat-based flours, these fluffy delights will satisfy your breakfast cravings without knocking you out of ketosis.
Add blueberries for extra antioxidants or top with sugar-free syrup for sweetness.
Here is our process:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any low-carb milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons erythritol or any keto-friendly sweetener (adjust to your taste)
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing the pan
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until they are thoroughly beaten.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla essence, and melted butter or coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- The coconut flour, baking soda, erythritol, and a dash of salt should all be combined in a different bowl. Stir thoroughly to remove all lumps.
- While whisking continually, gradually combine the dry components with the wet ones. The batter ought to be uniformly smooth. Allow the coconut flour to absorb the liquid by allowing it to settle for a few minutes.
- Over low heat, preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle. Use butter or coconut oil to grease it.
- For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter into the griddle. Depending on your desire, you can make them little or enormous.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until surface bubbles appear.
- The pancakes should be carefully flipped over and cooked for a further one to two minutes on the other side, or until golden brown.
- Repeat the procedure until all of the batter has been used, then remove the pancakes from the griddle.
- Serve the pancakes with your preferred keto-friendly toppings, such as whipped cream, sugar-free maple syrup, or both.
Guide To Creating Perfectly Crispy Yet Soft Keto Pizza
A world without pizza is not one we want to live in. Thankfully, there’s no need for such drastic measures when you have keto pizza.
The secret lies in swapping out traditional dough with alternatives like cauliflower crust or chicken crust. Top it off with cheese, pepperoni slices, and fresh basil leaves – et voila. A guilt-free slice awaits.
Here’s everything you need to know:
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup low-carb pizza sauce (sugar-free)
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of keto-friendly pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, cooked sausage, sliced bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, etc.)
- The oven should be preheated to 425°F (220°C) and a baking sheet or pizza stone should be lined with parchment paper.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese should be combined in a bowl that can go in the microwave. For about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, heat in the microwave. To blend, thoroughly stir.
- The melted cheese mixture should be mixed with the almond flour, egg, baking powder, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and a dash of salt. Everything should be combined until a smooth dough is created. The dough can also be gently kneaded with your hands.
- Roll out the dough to the proper thickness for your pizza crust between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll the crust out thinner for a crunchier crust and somewhat thicker for a softer crust.
- Transfer the crust (together with the bottom parchment paper) on the prepared baking sheet or pizza stone after removing the top parchment paper.
- When the edges are golden brown and the crust is firm, bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- After removing the crust from the oven, give it some time to cool. In the interim, lower the oven’s setting to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread the low-carb pizza sauce over the top when the crust has cooled a little and leave a thin border all around.
- Over the sauce, evenly distribute the mozzarella cheese shreds.
- Over the cheese, layer your preferred keto-friendly pizza toppings.
- The pizza should bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling, in the oven.
- Before cutting and serving, take the pizza out of the oven and allow it to cool for a few seconds.
When cooking up these speedy yet scrumptious meals, ensure that every ingredient aligns well within the ketogenic dietary guidelines.
No matter what recipe you choose, remember: quality ingredients lead to quality meals. So stock up on those healthy fats (avocado oil anyone?), lean proteins, and low carb veggies as part two begins now…
Satisfying Seafood and Meat Dishes
Let’s dive into the world of hearty meat-based dishes that are not only low-carb but also incredibly satisfying.
We’re talking about classics like Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Vegetable Sheet Pan and Beef Stroganoff, reimagined in a healthier way while maintaining all their original flavors.
Secret Behind Tasty Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Vegetables
This is one dish that you will want to make again and again. The secret? It’s all about using fresh ingredients, the right blend of spices, and perfect timing.
Pick Your Ingredients Wisely:
Fresh shrimp, smoked sausage, bell peppers, onions – these are just some of the key players in this recipe. Make sure they’re fresh for best results.
Here are the Instructions:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Olive oil, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a small bowl.
- The shrimp, smoked sausage slices, bell peppers, zucchini, red onion, and cherry tomatoes should all be combined in a separate, sizable bowl.
- Toss the shrimp, sausage, and veggies with the cajun seasoning mixture. Toss everything together until everything is coated completely.
- On the prepared baking sheet, distribute the shrimp, sausage, and vegetable mixture in a single layer.
- The sheet pan should be roasted in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the veggies are soft and the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- Once finished, take the sheet pan out of the oven and top with freshly chopped parsley.
Cajun seasoning, olive oil, garlic powder – these add flavor depth to your sheet pan meal.
FAQs in Relation to Best Keto Meals
What are the best meals to stay in ketosis?
The best keto-friendly meals include lean meats, fatty fish, eggs, avocados, low-carb vegetables like broccoli and spinach, cheese, nuts and seeds. You can also check out our keto meal section for more ideas.
What is an example of a good keto meal?
A good keto meal could be Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa or Beef Stroganoff made with cauliflower rice. For more examples visit our keto recipe page.
What are the 4 pillars of keto?
The four pillars of Keto diet are high fat intake (70%-75%), moderate protein intake (20%-25%), very low carbohydrate intake (5%) and calorie deficit. Learn more about it on our Keto Guide page.
Are keto meals healthy?
Keto meals can be healthy if they’re balanced with enough nutrients from different food groups such as meat, dairy products, and vegetables. Always consult your doctor before starting any new diet plan.
After delving into these delightful low-carb and keto recipes, you have seen that there are lots of choices to fulfill your desires while still adhering to a nutritious eating regimen.
From creamy pesto chicken skillet to flavorful kalua pork, these dishes prove that you don’t have to sacrifice taste for a ketogenic lifestyle. You’ve also discovered how to make guilt-free comfort foods like cauliflower mac & cheese and taco salad.
In addition, you now know how to whip up fast and easy keto dishes such as stir-fries, pancakes, and even crispy yet soft pizza.
Lastly, the satisfying seafood and meat dishes like Cajun shrimp with sausage vegetable sheet pan or beef stroganoff will leave your taste buds wanting more.
So go ahead and indulge in the best keto meals without any guilt!