Garlic Wings topped with parmesan are getting more and more popular, and for good reason.
Fresh garlic, Parmesan cheese, and crispy chicken wings make an amazing combo.
This resource is part of our Top 8 Homemade Keto Meals for a Healthy Lifestyle series
The idea of producing them at home, however, scares off many individuals who believe it to be a difficult process.
But don’t worry; we have a simple method that will enable you to make restaurant-quality wings in a flash.
Is Garlic Parmesan Wings Considered A Keto Meal?
Finding tasty and filling meal alternatives can occasionally be difficult when following a ketogenic diet.
However, garlic Parmesan wings are one meal that frequently piques the interest of keto enthusiasts.
Though they are a popular option at many eateries and wing establishments, are these flavorful, juicy wings actually keto-friendly?
The good news is that, as long as they are prepared and consumed properly, garlic Parmesan wings can be regarded as a ketogenic lunch option.
Chicken wings are a great starting point for a keto-friendly cuisine because they are a naturally high-protein, low-carb dietary source.
Butter, garlic, and Parmesan cheese are basic components of traditional garlic parmesan sauce and are all permitted keto ingredients.
However, it’s important to pay attention to the quantity of sauce and any additional sugars that can be used in the cooking process.
Another way to reduce the carbohydrate content of the wings is to bake or grill them as opposed to frying them.
Don’t be afraid to treat yourself to some wonderful garlic Parmesan wings the next time you’re out to eat or making a keto-friendly dinner at home, just be sure to do so within your daily carbohydrate allowance and in moderation.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Wings:
- 2 lbs (about 1 kg) chicken wings, tips removed and separated into flats and drumettes
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking spray or oil for greasing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for some heat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions for Garlic Parmesan Wings:
- Prepare Your Oven: Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. This step will make cleanup easier later on. Place a wire rack on top of the foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray or a thin layer of oil. This rack will help the chicken wings cook evenly and become crispy.
- Mix the Flavorful Ingredients: In a sizable mixing dish, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if you like a little heat). Stir these ingredients together thoroughly until you have a fragrant and well-mixed garlic Parmesan mixture.
- Prepare the Chicken Wings: To ensure your wings turn out crispy, use paper towels to pat the chicken wings dry. Excess moisture can prevent them from achieving that perfect golden brown crispiness.
- Coat the Wings: Place the dry chicken wings into the mixing bowl with the garlic Parmesan mixture. Toss the wings in the mixture, ensuring that each wing is evenly coated with the flavorful blend. The aroma should be enticing, and you’ll start to see the wings take on the flavors of the garlic, Parmesan, and herbs.
- Arrange on the Wire Rack: Lay out the coated chicken wings on the prepared wire rack on the baking sheet. Make sure to leave a little space between each wing, allowing air to circulate around them. This spacing helps ensure that they cook uniformly and become wonderfully crispy.
- Bake to Perfection: Slide the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake the wings for 35 to 40 minutes, or until they turn a delightful golden brown and are thoroughly cooked through. To ensure even browning, consider rotating the wings halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve with Style: Once your Garlic Parmesan Wings are done baking, carefully remove them from the oven and transfer them to a serving tray. The aroma will be irresistible, and they’ll look mouthwateringly delicious.
- Garnish and Enjoy: To add a burst of color and a touch of freshness, sprinkle the hot wings with freshly chopped parsley. This not only enhances the presentation but also adds a delightful contrast to the rich and savory flavors of the wings.
Now, you’re ready to savor these delectable Garlic Parmesan Wings. They make for a fantastic appetizer or main dish for any occasion!
Related Read: Easy Chicken Skillet Recipe – Delicious and Fun
Tips for Making Extra Crispy Chicken Wings
Let them air dry! After trimming the wings, give them some more time to dry thoroughly.
My preferred method is to line up all the wings on a cutting board with a few sheets of paper towels, add a few more sheets on top, and thoroughly blot.
The wings should have the least amount of moisture possible.
Avoid omitting the baking powder! Baking powder contributes to the crisp and golden brown color of these wings; the reasons why this ingredient works are discussed below.
Use a wire rack and spread them out! The chicken wings should be evenly spaced out on a wire baking rack.
Make sure the wings have air flowing around them by using a rack. As a result, they will brown in the oven as opposed to steaming.
If your wings are particularly little, they might not all fit on one baking sheet. For maximum golden browning and crispiness, bake them in this situation on two baking sheets, one at a time.
If you have the time, let them air dry. If you’re preparing ahead of time, season the chicken with all the ingredients, arrange it on the wire rack, and then store it there for however long the time allows in your refrigerator’s bottom shelf. Better effects are obtained by doing this over night, but even 45 to 60 minutes is helpful.
Put the wings in a big basin and toss. Put the cooked wings in a sizable metal bowl and add the garlic butter afterward.
Swirl and toss the wings in the dish rather than using tongs to do so. This prevents the tongs from becoming stuck with all that garlicky delight!