This keto chicken parmesan recipe tastes great, is easy to make, and is a great meal option for your keto diet. Keto is about staying consistent with meals you enjoy.
This keto chicken parmesan recipe tastes great, is easy to make, and is a great meal option for your keto diet.
Chicken Parmesan Overview:
The chicken breasts are seasoned to create an incredibly flavorsome and juicy effect, before being coated in almond flour and pan-fried until it's perfectly crispy. Then, a layer of marinara sauce is added, followed by two kinds of cheese - one melted over the top, and the other shredded on top as garnish.
Finally, we will bake everything together until melted and bubbly - creating a dish that's good enough to satisfy even the most discerning palates.
Experience the soft yet crunchy textures with deep flavor from Marina sauces and cheeses.
Let's jump into your keto chicken parmesan meal!
Is Keto Chicken Parmesan Actually Keto?
Unfortunately, Chicken Parmesan is not keto-friendly. It is breaded with flour and bread crumbs and frequently paired with potatoes and pasta, which are not considered keto-friendly.
However, you can still make this amazing chicken parmesan at home which tastes equally as good as the ones that are breaded and seasoned.
What You Need to Make Keto Chicken Parmesan
- Parmesan cheese
- Almond flour
- Chicken breasts
Ingredients in Keto Chicken Parmesan
Apart from the specific ingredients listed below for making your chicken parmesan, it is always a good idea to have these items handy: olive oil, black pepper (or pepper flakes), salt, chili flakes, fresh garlic, italian seasoning, paper towls, fresh herbs, tomato paste (or tomatoe puree) and avacado oil.
- Chicken: For the chicken breast, you can use either 4 small chicken breasts or two large ones sliced down the middle. Tenderizing the chicken before cooking ensures even cooking and enhances the flavor.
- Salt: Add a small amount of salt to balance the flavors.
- Almond Flour: Blanched almond flour is mixed with parmesan cheese to make a low-carb breading option that is flavorful.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese can be either finely grated or freshly grated. Avoid using pre-packed shelf-stable ones for a smoother texture.
- Garlic and Onion Powder: Use garlic and onion powder for added flavor without having to use garlic or onion.
- Oil– Fry everything using oils such as ones with a high smoke point, like safflower or peanut oil.
Now The Ingredients For Your Toppings
- Any sugar-free tomato sauce can be used, but not ketchup. we suggest using this great pizza sauce or, marina sauce - both are super easy to make.
- Mozzarella cheese– Sliced mozzarella cheese, not pre-shredded varieties.
- Parmesan cheese– A small amount is added on top to give the chicken parmesan a more flavorful bunch.
How to Make Keto-Inspired Chicken Parmesan (Step-by-step)
1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2: In a shallow bowl, beat together 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon of oil to form a nice egg mixture.
3:In another bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of almond flour.
4: Add almond flower to your chicken breasts and coat each breast with the almond flour.
4.1: Then, go back to your bowl of mixed eggs and the bowl of mixed parmesan and almond flour. Dip the chicken in the egg mix, and then dip it into the dry mix. Make sure your chicken breasts are fully coated.
Fry the chicken pieces until they are golden brown in color.
While your chicken is frying up, grab a saucepan, and over medium heat, warm up your favorite homemade pizza sauce, homemade tomato sauce, or marinara sauce.
Season it with garlic powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper according to taste preference; set aside once done cooking.
Once the chicken has been fried up, they are ready for the beautiful sauce and toppings.
Arrange the fried chicken breast pieces on a baking tray and layer them with your homemade tomato sauce, or marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
Bake in your preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Be sure to check that the chicken is cooked through, with no pink meat!
Important: Ensure that your chicken is fully cooked through with no soft or see-through chicken!
What To Serve With Chicken Parmesan
These add-on sides will give your chicken parmesan a delicious, carb-filled, Italian twist!
- French fries
- Potato salad
- Traditional salad (no carbs)
For a lighter option, try serving it with some roasted vegetables. Roasted broccoli or zucchini go great with chicken parmesan!
Chicken Parmesan Nutritional Facts
Follow these nurtitional averages to understand more about your intake for each parma meal:
One piece of keto chicken parmesan without pasta:
- Approximately 168 calories
- 11.8g of fat
- 5.1g of carbohydrates
- 13.9g of protein
How Many Calories are in a Plate of Chicken Parmesan from a Restuarant?
614 calories 1 serving (301.000g) serving size of Restaurant, Italian, chicken parmesan without pasta contains 614 calories. The calorie breakdown consists of 47% fat, 21% carbs, and 32% protein.
Is Chicken Parm High in Carbs?
Traditional chicken parmesan contains approximately 49 grams of carbohydrates per serving, primarily due to the bread crumb coating. Since this dish is commonly served with pasta or a side of fries, the total carbohydrate content would exceed 150 grams per serving.
Top Kitchen Tools Needed to Make Keto Chicken Parm
Making the delicious Keto chicken parmesan is a delicious, healthy meal that can be easily put together with the right tools.
There are a variety of different kitchen equipment that you will need, however, here's a handy list of kitchen essentials for chicken parmesan.
This will be used to break down the chicken pieces into flatter sheets so they can be more evenly cooked. You will most likely be using a meat mallet for life, so consider getting a quality mallet with trusted reviews.
We have compiled three of the best-rated meat mallets for you, that are all available right now on Amazon:
KITEXPERT Meat Tenderizer Hammer with Comfortable-Grip Handle
- Ergonomic Design: We choose meat tenderizers with ergonomic handles. This Kitexpert meat hammer lets the mallet and gravity do the work faster. Enjoy cooking!
- Dual-Sided Hammer: Use the smooth side to flatten the steak or the textured side to make it softer and more delicious. 9.4 x 3.4 inches, 9.5 ounces.
- Tenderizer Plus: The professional meat mallet can smash ice for drinks, crab, garlic, hard candies, and other delicacies for baking or grilling.
- Great kitchen partner: Cleaning the heavy-duty meat beater is simple. Put the cooking mallet in the dishwasher or rinse well. To avoid mincemeat sticking, wash promptly.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: The food mallet's unusual design will charm you! Contact us if you are unhappy with your purchase. We prioritise customer happiness.
You will always need the best skillet for all of your cooking, and especially when making your chicken parma meal.
This cast iron skillet with a signature teardrop handle offers you extremely high quality, reliable craftmansship, as well as comfort when using.
The most common size is a 10.25 inch, however, you have the freedom to choose your preferred skillet pan size from 3.5 to 15 inches.
Cast iron cookware takes a long time to get hot, but it keeps heat for a long time. This makes it great for frying and baking.
Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned Skillet – Signature Teardrop Handle
- Versatile: use in the oven, on the stove, grill or even a campfire.
- Seasoned cookware (rust prevention): Seasoned cookware: Oil baked into our iron skillets give them an organic, easy-release gloss and prevents rusting. Lodge pre-seasons cast iron kitchenware with natural vegetable oil. Lodge seasoning improves with usage!
- Your new skillet of choice: Lodge cast iron cookware suits all levels, from beginners, and home cooks, to chefs. Cast iron can withstand any stove, oven, grill, or open flame.
- Excellent customer reviews: With over 105,000 customer reviews, we achive excellent ratings and transparecy for our cooking skillets.
Enjoy complete freedom when mixing your chicken parmesan ingredients together with this quality set of stainless steel mixing bowls. Keeping ingredients organized in a seperate bowl is easy with these mixing bowls.
With over 5,000 mixing bowls sold in the last month, the WHYSKO meal prep stainless steel mixing bowl set is your kitchen partner for life to help streamline meal prep time and cooking time.
- Full set of mixing bowls: Our 5-piece set of mixing bowls that nest inside each other makes your kitchen more convenient and useful.
- Quality Stainless Steel Craftsmanship: These deep mixing bowls are BPA-free, safe for food, resistant to rust, and have a smooth steel surface that is easy when cooking.
- Effective storage: When they're not being used use, these bowls can fit inside each other to save room in the cabinet.
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning: When you're done mixing your ingredients, you can just put them in the dishwasher. They're great for healthy meal prep plans or normal dinners every day.
Now go and enjoy your Keto Chicken Parmesan meal!