Your Very First Batch of Homemade Pizza Dough
Never made your own pizza dough before?!
You don’t know what you’re missing.. Let’s do this!
When first making pizza and searching for a recipe, chances are you’ll come across a wide range of pizza recipes all claiming to be the one to use. While I’m sure they’re all good in their own way, how does anyone know which one to go with?
Well, you don’t really know until you try them unfortunately. And if it’s your first time, this can be a bit overwhelming.
But have no fear! If you’re just getting started making your own pizza dough, the recipe below will be the lowest barrier, easy to follow, and will result in a pretty darn good pie.
If you’re happy with your results after this one, then you could look into one of the more “advanced” recipes, like one that uses ’00’ flour for pizza and has a longer rise time.
If you’re needing more context on pizza dough making, start with the pizza dough guide, tips and dough making techniques.
Ingredients and Method for Your First Batch of Pizza Dough
4 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for dusting
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp active yeast
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1. In a small bowl combine the yeast, water, and sugar and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, and oil. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Add the yeast mixture from step 1 into the flour mixture from step 2. This is where things will start to get messy and the dough will stick to everything. That’s ok. Just mix it until there are no dry spots of flour.
4. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. (First time kneading? This may help.)
5. Oil a large bowl and place your kneaded dough ball in it. Cover with a damp tea towel or cling wrap and let rise for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
After 2-3 hours, your dough should have about doubled in size – woohoo! Fun, isn’t it? Once risen, it can be used to make your first homemade pizza (FREE E – BOOK BELOW – SIGN UP NOW)
Related reading: Get the Best Mediterranean Pizza Recipe
Want a Little More Guidance to Make Homemade Pizza Dough?
Making pizza from scratch is one of the most satisfying things you can do in the kitchen. It’s surprisingly easy to make a pizza that you’ll be stoked on, but it can also be a little daunting at first.
With this e-book, you’ll get everything you need to know to make pizza from scratch with what you already have at home.
Follow us online
Follow us on social for exclusive pizza recipes and home made pizza dough
Pizza is a food meant to be shares, so that’s exactly what we’re doing
Get Pizza Recipes Fresh to Your Inbox – Sign Up Now